About Gateway Performance Suspension
Gateway Classic Mustang, champion car builders for customers like Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Chad McQueen and many others, needed more from suspensions, brakes and struts being found in the market. They needed a better composition than what they were finding. The need of this business has lead to the production of a highly customized suspension solution made with Baer brakes, easily to replace Ford bearing hubs, the 3-Link Suspension and bound together with durability and innovation. With these new products, you get affordablity, ease of installment AND maximum durability with all demanding conditions in mind.
Just check out their success stories. They speak volumes to the experience of Jason and Lonny Childress and the entire Gateway Classic Mustang crew. They know what is needed in high performance, high stress loads. From driving Monster trucks like Bigfoot,Grave Digger, and Batman, to custom hotrod production of the fastest and most powerful Mustangs on the road, we are very VERY excited to take this knowledge and apply to a new, highly customized suspension systems for high performance Ford unibody cars.
Here are some of the highlights of the newly designed and improved suspension systems now being offered by Gateway Performance Suspension:
- All Steel Product Made in the U.S.A.
- Baer Brakes
- Koni and KYB Strut Inserts
- Coated with aircraft coating for durability
- Uses off the shelf 1994-2004 Mustang Hub assembly for ease of replacement
- Baer Brakes on all kit but the Street Stock
- Wilwood Brakes used on the Drag Pack Kit
- The 4140 Steel "spindle design" increases endurance, durability. Bearing failure will not cause you to lose a wheel! We have eliminated a hub failure with this sturdy spindle design.
- 3-Link rear suspension
Other manufacturers of suspension systems, that claim they are the "best" for your next Unibody Ford muscle car upgrade, have significant flaws that we have discovered. When you cram 550 horsepower into a Mustang and unleash it on tight turns and curves, you want to make sure:
- You are not trusting on an "aluminum to steel" product composition. This just won't work. Parts will loosen over time and in shorter amounts of time in various rigorous conditions. In high stress situations, the alignment can change.
- Your "suspension solutions" DO NOT use propreitary strut inserts and/or other pieces, which can be costly to replace.
Also, we have seen suspension products use a wide variety of brakes, instead of using the best brake systems for high performance cars, like Baer. The delivery problems and lack of communication from critical suppliers of suspension products is also a major contributor to Gateway's determination to produce their own solution.